Luminary Rising Mentors advocate for our youth by empowering them.
We develop concepts and methods of study needed to assist our youth in figuring out & understanding who they are & what is important to them to ensure they accomplish their personal life goals.
Also, to develop self awareness, confidence & proficiency in social awareness & action, so our youth can engage in positive decision-making & participate in activities, which improving themselves as well as positively affecting of those around them.
We ensure they have the tools & access to information they need to advocate for themselves & pay it forward by empowering others.
Ideas we address in our programs to engage our youth to become Self Advocates:
- Self Esteem/Confidence Issues
- Multicultural education & sensitivity
- Breaking cycles of generational curses
- Building positive, self-sustaining behaviors
- Nutrition & health education
- Community building
- Planning for the future
- Financial intelligence education
Activities are designed to direct our youth toward becoming:
- More self-aware
- Capable of successful group participation
- Improved in their writing skills
- Active and responsive listeners
- Appreciative towards Art
- Aware and appreciative of different cultures
- Improved in speaking skills
- Motivated, active readers
- Active members of their community
- Successful in planning for the future
- Adept in cultivating self sustaining behaviors
- Adept in building and maintain self-confidence